While at ANCOC I noted that many of the NCO in the course with me were also working on college classes. Although I found my self the youngest in the class, I also found out that many of the NCO in class with me had completed an associates degree and were moving on further. I had to ask myself, "why am I not in college if so many others are?" SFC Volz talked to me about his experience in college and over a plate of chicken nuggets in the dining facilty I was sold on the idea of getting back to college.
I picked out Axia College of the University of Phoenix as having a cirriculm and teaching method that is right for me. After going through the initial process being guieded over the phone by an admissions counselor I find myself having completed my first day of online distance learning working toward an information technology/visual communications degree.
It is a good thing that I have a rich uncle to pay for my college. I am taking two classes at a time and each costs $750. the GI Bill takes care of all of that. I am only left to pay for books, which is $120 for both classes, but that is a lot less that the $1,500 it would have cost on my own. Thank you Uncle Sam.
1 comment:
Cory;
I was pleased to see that you have decided to go back to school. I think that the field you have chosen fits you well and I know that you will do well in it. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment