I am back from Oklahoma! I made many good friends there while spending nine weeks learning about electronic warfare. This is a new, growing, and exciting field for the Army. The Navy, Air Force and Marines have had personnel in these fields for a long time. The Army is playing catch up to get on board with the need to control the electromagnetic spectrum in military operations.
I also made good friends while attending church in the Lawton ward. By the time I left I attended a pioneer celebration, ate at Adair home, taught a Sunday School class, and even gave a talk on the last Sunday present. If I stayed any longer I might have been called as an Elders Quorum counselor.
I took the scenic route getting home. A search with Google Maps let me know that I could either rush home in 10 hours seeing freeway most of the way or take my time in 12 and enjoy the country side. The extra two hours of travel was worth the time.
My second day of travel I arose at 0400 to leave the hotel. By 0830 I was home and called Jeffrey from the front yard. He came outside in his Batman underoos to greet me. All morning he kept telling me how much he loves me and missed me. I spent the rest of the day with Tricia catching up on the small details of around the house life. It is good to be home again.
No comments:
Post a Comment