I locked my pack out footlocker in the shipping container.
This is a small footlocker of items that precede us in our road to deployment
so that we may meet up with the items shortly after arrival. There is not much
room in our bags we carry with us for personal stuff, so this is a chance to
get ahead of the game by sending pillows, novels, DVD collection, or a guitar.
I will hand carry my camera, but it was great to pack out a light stand and
umbrella.
Jeffrey gets upset when I come home from work and have to do
homework instead of playing with him. I have made a commitment to myself to eat
a quick breakfast and brown bag a lunch each day so that I can do homework at
work. I would rather stay a little late at the office and arrive home ready to
give him my full attention than to disappoint him even for a 20 minute use of
the computer.
This 10 inch Toshiba notebook I picked up back in Oklahoma
serves me well. It is easy to keep my planner, homework, and even Photoshop
with me. Target had some small notebook cases just big enough for the computer,
mouse, and plug.
FT Riley has some great facilities, but the dining facilities
are the worst. I took one bite of my pancakes this morning and put up my tray.
I will need to look at a FT Riley map and find another place to spend my $2.30
in the morning. That is one thing I miss about FT Carson. Most of the dining
facilities there were like restaurants.
No comments:
Post a Comment