So with the upcoming departure of the Sergeant, the whole crew got block leave. We decided that we would take a short trip to Utah and Las Vegas. Since we're 8 hours further East it was probably going to be our last trip that way for a while.
Did you know there's a Zombie Apocalypse store? For all your Zombie Apocalypse needs.
We stayed at the Luxor with Scott and Jen. It was fun! I felt like such a crappy travel companion because I couldn't walk as far as everyone else with my foot. The night we walked the entire length of the strip I had to take the bus back. It was the bus ride of shame. (Later I was talking to my friend who had the same surgery I did and she said it took her MONTHS to recover from it, so I didn't feel quite as bad). We saw the Tournament of Kings at the Excalibur...our dumb purple knight wasn't very good and kept cheating. We did see the fire guy from America's Got Talent.
We also took a trip to the Gold and Silver Pawn shop from Pawn Stars on this History Channel. It was a LOT smaller in person than they make it seem in the show. We waited in the line out front and then walked through the shop. 1/3 of the space has merchandise from the store and that was where it seemed most of their business came from. We didn't see any of the main characters, but we heard they might only actually come in when they're filming.
Back in Utah Jeffrey enjoyed time with his cousins A and E. They had a picnic with the basket of goodies that Sugar made for the girls around Jeffrey's age (remember he got the fishing creel?) for Christmas.
Adorbs right? So cute! My mom has got talent that I envy so much.
The night we stayed there for dinner we were there in time for scripture study. Jeffrey's favorite job was holding Sugar's shih tzu Wicket. Sugar got to hold baby B who has grown up SO much!
Staying at Uncle Scott and Aunt Jen's house has it's benefits, like when Uncle Scott lets you play his drum set. Jeffrey got way into it.
We also got to visit Uncle Brian and Aunt Christina and cousin A. Jeffrey followed him around the room taking pictures and actually got a few. I thought this one was cute.
It was a fun trip (minus the blizzard we woke up to in Colorado on the day we were heading out to Utah) and we enjoyed our visits with family. I should have taken more pictures of all the fun things we did. Cory and I were able to visit the temple, I got to spend time with my BFF Mistee, and we enjoyed a real honest to goodness vacation in Las Vegas. It was great!
I also have to show this, the twins gave me all kinds of drawings when I got into town, this was one of my FAVS! It's an elephant (I think) and I was impressed with their artistic talents. (Jeffrey just scribbles a few lines and then moves on to the next thing.)
No comments:
Post a Comment