Thursday, March 29, 2007

Army Achievement Medal


Another cycle at the Warrior Leader Course has begun. To start our week off, the day before we recieved all of our students we had an acadmey meeting where we talk about changes, recieve our own cadre training and recieve awards. To my surprise I recieved the AAM for my selection as the Acadmey NCO of the quarter right before I left for ANCOC. The funny thing is that I did not expect to win the competition at all. I had only short notice of it taking place and Tricia had a doctors appointment that morning that I was taking her to which made me anticipate not going to the competition at all. I arrived back at the acadmey just in time to change into class A and walk into the board. By the time I walked out fifteen minutes later I had won. One thing I like about the acadmey is that you do not have to wait until your three years of service is at its end to be recognized for achievements along the way. That is not typical of many other army organizations. Once we recieve our students the days go by at 100 miles per hour. There is so much to be done that if you are not careful to always look ahead on the training schedule important events will sneak up on you. I seem to have recieved a good cass this cycle. It all depends on the toss of the dice. So many instructors have left the academy and replaced by new cadre that I find myself at one year among the senior.

No comments: