Friday, December 14, 2007

Obstacle Course





I was invited to participate in an obstacle course with the Germany Army. I with the German soldiers near the NCO Acadmey where we took a three hour bus ride trip to the German base which has the obstacle course. I got to know several of the soldiers and we ended up exchanging email addresses in order to share our photos with each other.

The first obstacle was a wall climb followed by a pole slide down the other side. By the time I had climbed to the top of the wall my arms had lost their strength, which made it hard for me to have the confidence to grab onto the pole to slide down all 30 meters. I finally made it and moved onto the ladder climb, which lead to a steel rope bridge crossing and ending in a zip line slide.

The rest of the obstacles of the day tested my muscular endurance with wall climbing, rope swinging, high beam balancing and many other. During the entire course we all had harnesses for safety, which also allowed for more death defying obstacles. This is by far the best obstacle course I have ever been on.

One of my favorite obstacles of the day was the steel rope bridge over which I crossed "commando" style. One I had arrived in the middle and felt the exhaustion set in my arms a truck drove underneath me reminding me of just how high up I really was.

No comments: