Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cory and Me...

I was tagged by Andrea, I think I answered one similar to this a few months back, but here are my answers anew.

(This was the night before our wedding, the day he came home from Iraq. We had to hurry from this visit to see the Bishop and Stake President so we could get married the next day!)

1. What's his name? Cory (or Corwin as Paige first called him)
2. How long have you been married? Almost 3 years
3. How long did you date? About a year, but it was dating through phone calls and emails from Iraq.
4. How old is he? 28
5. Who eats more? Cory, my small breakfasts are never enough to fill him, he's also terrible about eating a snack right before dinner.
6. Who said "I love you" first? Cory called from sniper school in Korea to tell me, I responded with a very cool “yeah” because I was a work.
7. Who is taller? Cory.
8. Who sings better? I’d have to say me, but Cory sings with more heart.
9. Who is smarter? I don’t like to admit it, but him, except in math. I’m helping him with Algebra! I’m more common sense, street smart.
10. Whose temper is worse? Probably equal.
11. Who does the laundry? Mostly me.
12. Who does the dishes? Cory and I share. I’m ignoring a load of clean dishes as I type.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Cory does.
14. Who pays the bills? I do, I hate to say it, but Cory wouldn’t know how all the household stuff goes if I were to ever be abducted by aliens.
15. Who mows the lawn? Well it’s supposed to rotate through the apartments, the only two who do it are Cory and the neighbor across the hall, and he’s deployed right now.
16. Who cooks dinner? I mostly do, but Cory likes to help out, he made hamburgers just last night.
17. Who drives when you are together? He does, but long trips we take turns.
18. Who is more stubborn? ME.
19. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Mostly it would be Cory, see question above.
20. Whose parents do you see the most? Most recently we saw his, but I think we’ve seen mine the most.
21. Who proposed? Cory, with the ever cool line of, “So if I were to ask you to marry me what would you say?” That was after TWO dates. He called a few months later to talk to my dad about it from Iraq. Then I picked out my own engagement ring with my stand-in fiancĂ© Mistee, the jewelers loved the story.
22. Who has more friends? I do, but Cory is more comfortable in crowds.
23. Who has more siblings? Me I have the most, 5.
24. Who wears the pants in the family? Cory wears pants and I wear pants. But Cory doesn’t wear skirts.(We’re equal partners in our relationship.)



This was our Wedding at the Jordan River temple, May 12, 2005.

Our reception 4 months later, and well, dude's in uniform are hot, what can I say?

And just because I'm feeling all sentimental, this was when I danced at my reception with the other Shelley Irish Dancers. I miss those girls!

I shall tag Paige, Christina and anyone else who hasn't answered this one.

2 comments:

The Irving Family said...

So when are you going to tag me??!! I have never been tagged before! By the way I think your guys' love story is by far the cutest I've ever heard!!

Andrea said...

Tricia,
You are were a beautiful bride and I'm so glad I was at your wedding. (I think Allen was only 2 or 3 weeks old.) I enjoyed reading your answers. You and Cory go so well together. I'm not sure how that would be to have a long-distance courtship, but you made it look easy and it all worked out.