Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Last Few Days

We awoke this morning to a snow covered Colorado Springs. We have not yet purchased a snow shovel to clean off our own driveway and side walk. Poor planning on our part.

Jeffrey had a cough this morning that begged for medicine, but Jeffrey himself made great protest. I had to hold all four of him limbs and his head down while Tricia inserted the dropper deep into his mouth. To keep him from spitting it right up we had to hold his nose until he swallowed.

This year Tricia and I will continue our tradition of making Christmas gifts. Tricia is putting her sweet sewing skills to work and I am finding ways to help out. We have our iPods playing Christmas music while we make dinner and clean the house. Tricia makes the holiday season fun by making sure that we have the festive spirit in our home.




Linda Grandma gave Jeffrey a toy camera when she came to visit. It is a pretty tough made camera, and it takes real digital photos. Jeffrey gets it out when he sees me with my camera around the house taking photos. It is interesting to review his photos and see how Jeffrey sees the world.





It does not take long at all for Jeffrey to tear up the house. It is a little frustrating to look back at a room we just cleaned as Jeffrey spills out his toys, carries all manner of odd items around the house to set them down as soon as he loses interest and generally gets into everything. I just have to keep in mind that the house does not have to be spotless all the time to make it a nice place to live, and I should only clean one room per day, otherwise I would do nothing else but clean. In cleaning the kitchen every few days a pile of earrings, rings, necklaces and bracelets accumulates on the island counter. It is just a reminder to me that we live in a house and not a museum.



I have been listening to Jesus the Christ on my iPod while driving to and from work. It makes my short commute pleasant as I use the time well.



Jeffrey is no longer satisfied sitting in the cart while we shop at Target for food. He insists on pushing the cart while Tricia insists that I stay next to him to keep him from turning the cart into a rocket and blasting off into the salad dressings. When Tricia picks and item off of the shelf he is quick to grab it from her and then throw it into the basket of the cart. On our way out we spend .99 on a bag of popcorn, which is his treat for being good.

Tricia is hard at work getting ready for the Oreachtis. There are only a few days left to get costumes sewn together, steps practiced and final plans made. I am glad to be here while she is a part of this very important event.



2 comments:

thewhittakerfamily said...

Thanks for sharing Jeffrey's way of seeing the world!!!

I recently purchased the New Testament CD's at the distribution center and can I tell you what a pleasure it is to listen to the narrator????? These are CD's worth listening to more than once. When I pulled into my parking space at work I couldn't believe half an hour had already passed.

Enjoy the snow!

Sherri said...

It looks like we have the same idea for Christmas presents. I just haven't started on mine, yet. Claire and Elyse make clutter happen very fast as they walk from room to room displacing stuff which I then have to replace. All day long.