So in a relationship it's good if the couple balances each other out right? Well Cory is a fairly trusting person and doesn't like to think someone might be taking advantage of you. I however grew up in a house with the master cynic (and his apprentice) and so I'm a little more wary when it comes to trusting people. When Jeffrey dipped the camera (canon G10) in the dog's water bowl earlier this year I almost lost my mind. But I called a few photo places and they recommended Forster's in Salt Lake. So it took it in and asked them to make the repairs to the lens (there were water spots on the lens and I wanted them gone, camera was functioning fine when I took it in, just had the water spots).A Month later they called to tell me the whole lens would have to be replaced. Parts and Labor $200. (at this point she told me it might just be cheaper to buy a new camera and they would be happy to "dispose" of my camera free of charge, read=fix it and sell it for twice as much as they would have charged me.)
An additional month later they called to say that the flash was "totally corroded" and would also have to be replaced. Parts and Labor $280. (again I was reminded it might be cheaper to buy a new camera and they would "dispose" of mine free of charge)
An additional month later they called to say that neither part worked, that the entire main board needed to be replaced and they would have to send it to Canon for repairs. Labor $85.00 to them plus whatever Canon charged.
So my cynical side stepped in and said, "Hmmm...something doesn't add up, Jeffrey only dipped the lens in the water...why don't I believe them?" I sent Po in to pick it up which he did (Thanks Po!), Cory then called Canon and asked if they could take a look at it which they did. End of story, Canon did the repair for half the price and in 1/3 of the time. Will I call Forster's again? Nope!
1 comment:
What a mess! I'm glad your cynical side stepped up and Canon repaired it for less money.
Post a Comment