So I've had my share of emotional stress the last three years and learned a lot about myself in the process. I'm not done being pruned though, I'm a currant bush that needs lots of work. Sometimes I get pretty frustrated and I feel like I should have the chance to be a big fruit tree, but I know that the Lord has other plans for me. But I'm trying to be happy as the currant bush that I am and not compare myself to the other plants in the garden.But I am grateful that I have a wonderful husband who stands by me (even if he doesn't always understand why I'm crying or why I can't see to get things together). I was so lucky that I met, fell head over heels in love with, and married Cory. (And I owe a great deal to Wilma Shepherd and Paige for pushing him in the right direction again!) I am thankful that he honors his priesthood and in my moments of greatest need that he can give me a blessing of comfort and peace. I wouldn't trade that for anything.
I am also so glad that Jeffrey came into our lives. He has got such personality and excitement for life that it has taken me from the edge of tears or frustration to laughter in seconds. I know that he was sent to me first so that he could be there for me when Cory couldn't be. He has been my battle buddy several times and he's exactly what I need.
I am so happy that we are a family and that we're going to be a family forever. You can't imagine the joy in Jeffrey's eyes when Cory rings the doorbell for him to answer after work. He can't get enough of being daddy's best friend.
So while I may not have planned to have the problems that I do have, I have the best support team in the world to help me through and I know that the Gardener is in control. That he knows what kind of currant bush I should be and that he can help me reach my full potential.
And Thanks Po for sharing the Currant bush story with me when I was in your Sunday School class. It's stuck with me all these years!
1 comment:
Now I know where Steve gets his knack for remembering stories and such -his father. Especially in reading blogs, I find a lot of other women seem so thrilled and hunky dory(sp?) with life, but I'm afraid those are the ones that might hide it or fall apart when something bad really does happen. I think it's important to be honest with yourself and let people see you struggle, if need be. But it also helps to look at the positive when those struggles arise and to know there's a reason for everything, even trials and growing.
Post a Comment