 |
| Jeffrey helping in the kitchen |
|
|
This last Thursday I had PRK surgery done on my eyes at the Evans Army Hospital. I had the surgery done once before about eight years ago when I first came in the army, but over time my eyes have returned slightly to the shape that my DNA intended them to be which led to a slight decrease in my vision over time. After this second surgery I am back to not needing glasses at all. That is a huge plus for shooting photography. It will be a few more weeks until it can be determined what sharpness my eyes will finally rest at, but for now I am excited at the immediate results.
I do have to keep replenishing my eyes with artificial tears as the surgery did disrupt my tear ducts. The systane tear drops are like a drink of water for my thirsty eyes. In the mean time I did find out that this surgery prevents me from attending the Sapper Leader Course I had hoped to go to for at least six months. I would have liked to have attended the course with the group that is getting ready to go from the Aco, but in the scales seeing without glasses for my photography is more important.
No comments:
Post a Comment