Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Shifting Gears


Work is still crazy busy. I do not know how I am expected to complete all the tasks that my job requires without an assistant. There has been talk of getting me a partner, but no one has materialized yet. I think that when it comes time for me to leave this job there will be a rude awakening for the battalion leadership. I doubt that the next NCO to fulfill this duty will put in an many hours as I do. The ball is going to get dropped big time.

I found out a few days ago that the public affairs job I was so excited for during the past year is not a possibility. Even though the job is still offered there are no more seats in the class for the entire fiscal year. I have a limited time in which I can reenlist, so waiting out the year for a seat to open or hoping for next year is not an option. I will be investigating what few other options there are for me. I know that I want to stay in the army for the next ten years to reach retirement, but I need to leave the army will a skill that will be applicable in my next career.

1 comment:

thewhittakerfamily said...

Oh, my son, life is full of heartaches and disappointments. I am so sorry that things didn't work out as planned. I hope that something opens up and surprises you with its potential. You are talented and ambitious...it will ultimately serve you well.

I love you every day.