Friday, November 5, 2010

Yellowstone trip in September

 In September my family planned a trip to Yellowstone. My gram generously paid for us to all stay in the same cabin and most of the family (we three girls were single with our kiddos) was there together. I had a BLAST! It was so great to see everyone again, even if Cory wasn't able to be there. This is all the kiddos and Aunt Paige and Aunt Sherri at the Paint Pots. We ended up spending way more time there than we thought after Jeff's wife, Melissa, had to help give CPR to someone.
 Uncle Jeff generously offered to hold the leashes of the kids. Hehehe!
 Pretty right?
 Several years ago my family went on another trip to Yellowstone (I stayed home with Paige and Jeff because he had tickets to see Phantom of the Opera and took me!) and Quincy got this junior ranger hat. He brought it to Jeffrey the first day we were there and Jeffrey LOVED it! He idolizes Quincy and so getting a gift from him made his week!
 Paige and the gwirls!
 Quincy was a lifesaver, he would hold Jeffrey's had all the time and walk with him. Helped keep him from getting lost or falling into a geyser.
 Waiting for Old Faithful...which can be hard with 10 kids under the age of 12. But I came up with the idea to have them cheer and clap for the geyser to erupt. If nothing else it kept them busy.
 Old Faithful.
 Me and my travel buddy!
 The hike down from the upper falls. I was very sunburned from waiting for Old Faithful the day before. This is the hike where we learned that people are very generous with their food when you tell them you have a diabetic in need of sugar. (Even offering half eaten granola bars!)
 Mammoth Hot Springs
 Sugar, Jeffrey, and Me at Mammoth Hot Springs. Can I just say how much I love my parents? They are so cute together after 35 years and always up for an adventure.
 A petrified tree. It's a major tourist draw.
 Hello. I'm a cute little bear and I like to stop traffic for MILES around when I come out to play. People also get dangerously close to me while I'm walking across the street.
Hi, I'm a huge elk who also likes to stop traffic for miles around when I walk across a field. Check me out in all my majesty.

No comments: