This week in preschool Jeffrey and I learned about Kansas because it was Kansas Day. (Kansas is 151 years old!) Jeffrey pronounces it "Candace" and I can't get him to change it for all the wheat in Candace! We talked about how the state insect is a bee and how wheat grows in the fields. Then the kids each got a turn to grind wheat into flour from which we made wheat muffins topped with honey. Jeffrey cracked the eggs all by himself, he's becoming quite the little helper in the kitchen!
While the muffins cooked the teacher for the day gave each kid a graham cracker so they could make the shape of Kansas with it. They all took one bite out of the corner of their crackers. I should have taken a picture it was so cute!
I wouldn't have ever picked Kansas as a place we wanted to live, but we are enjoying our time here and getting to know our neighbors making new friends!


No comments:
Post a Comment