So I love the fourth of July (and not just because it's my birthday). When I was little I HATED having a birthday on the Fourth. My parents always insisted on going to fireworks or lighting fireworks in our front yard and I was always indignant over the fact that they were not honoring my "No Fireworks on my birthday" edict. Maybe they, like I have now realized, thought that I would get used to them and they didn't want to have to miss out on everything just because they had a kiddo who was scared stiff at the sound of them.
Well they say karma exists and my friends I'm here to tell you it's true. Jeffrey doesn't like loud noises. So much so that at movies or public events he spends most of the time with his fingers in his ears or trying to get me to cover his ears from the sounds. I am going to just take headphones along next time and he can listen to music or something or earplugs so he won't have to be so nervous.
As you can see here, he threw a few snappers. He liked them but had to throw them with one ear plugged and the other against his shoulder. My friend thought it was funny so she took a picture (because I forgot my camera) so we could send to daddy.
We had a pretty good night and survived the fireworks intact. Every year he gets a little braver so maybe one day we can just watch without having to hide under a blanket. And yes we do match, I'm a sucker (teehee or maybe a seersucker) for matching and if daddy were here, he would have been matchy-matchy too!
No comments:
Post a Comment