So tomorrow will mark 5 weeks until my due date. I've been busy with final preparations and thank goodness my mom is here to help because I've gotten way too big to bend over for almost anything. While I am still panicked occasionally and have moments of worry, I am feeling much calmer and getting ready for baby girl to make her arrival. We got her blessing dress and slip finished and are planning to bless her at home when daddy comes to visit us all in the beginning of October. He's already been assigned several pictures this mommy wants taken and he's excited to take lots of pictures of her. Jeffrey is excited to finally see the baby and talks to her almost every day. He has been asking about when he was a baby and wants to know if the baby will do the same things.
So the plan is that my mom (and possibly sister) will accompany me to the hospital when baby is born. I might be able to send everyone a text while I'm in labor, but I'm not promising anything at this point, planning to go natural again. Cory may be able to be in the delivery room with us via Skype which will be pretty cool. I will give my mom a list of people to text and send a picture to after baby is born but I am not going to be making any phone calls for several hours after baby comes and I feel better. She can send any updates or news about baby after she's here. If I don't have your cell phone number or you aren't able to get texts or photos you might just have to wait for a while to find out baby's here. It's not to offend or exclude anyone but after Jeffrey was born all I wanted to do was sleep and my mom doesn't hear well on the phone so she won't be making calls for me. If you don't think I have your number let me know and we'll add it to our list. If everything goes well we're only in the hospital for 24 hours and so we'll have more time after we get home for calls and such and we'll update facebook and the blog as soon as we can with pictures (if anyone has Skype and wants to chat we'll put the little peanut on the webcam, it will be a live PeanutCam, haha!).
Meanwhile on Facebook a little while ago I said that I would give $20 to anyone who could guess what we were planning on naming the baby before she was born. No one guessed correctly yet so my $20 is still safe, but the offer still stands. If you want to play our little game and can can guess our vintage style name for baby before she's born you will be the proud owner of a crisp new $20 bill, or whichever one I have in my wallet at the time. (Here's the previous guesses: Clementine, Emma, Abigail, Eliza, Josephine, Louisa, Johanna, Elizabeth, Rose, Katherine, Victoria, Polly, Dinah, Hepzibah, Eleanor, and Rowan.) I'll give you a clue, the first letter is from the first half of the alphabet (from A to M). Maybe next week I'll give out another clue.
1 comment:
So I'll keep trying: Anna, Anastasia, Maria, Marie, Marta, Kierstin. Tell me if I break the rules, haha.
Post a Comment