Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Faces

Jeffrey has been very interested in looking at picture books recently. Yesterday when I was finishing a scrapbook page (one since he's been born), I would show him a picture and tell him "That's Sugar" or "That's Elena" and he would look at their smiling face and smile back. So as one of the ways to try and introduce him to family so far away (since we won't be home for 2 years) I want to make him a faces book. I know how I'd like to do it and have the supplies already, I just need photos from his family back home. Preferably close-ups of smiling people since that's what he seems to like best. I know some people don't like pictures of themselves, but this is for Jeffrey, so he can get to know the faces of his family. You can either email them or send them to me. Thanks in advance!!

Jeffrey loves to interact with people. I sing him silly little songs all the time and they never fail to make him smile (unless it's time for a bottle and then all else goes out the window because he's clearly never eaten in his life!). He loves the peanut on the railroad track, and any primary song, especially Popcorn Popping. When it's bedtime though, I sing him one of the Irish songs that I used to sing for competitions, The Star of the County Down. I'm not a great singer, but Jeffrey doesn't know that.

Daddy still reads Harry Potter to him, but today I read him the first Beatrix Potter story about Peter Rabbit. (The movie Mrs. Potter was adoreable and sweet, my mom recommended it and I loved it!) He loves it when we do the voices and really get excited about the story.

It's bathtime and since daddy has staff duty tonight, I'll be the lucky one.

No comments: