I have been having a great time training for the NCO of the Year Competition. In the last few days, we have done weapons training on the weapon systems that we do not have at our disposal at the Academy, chemical environment situation rehearsal, and a 10-kilometer ruck march, which was my favorite event of all. While the other two stayed in on the road for the march, I went into the wood line at the edge of the road to conduct my march. I think it is a lot more fun to be in the woods walking between trees and in the grass rather than on the hard surface of an improved dirt road. I do not anticipate anything happening to SSG Snook between now and 12 August, so I will probably not be in the competition, but it is a lot of fun to take this time for training.
No comments:
Post a Comment