Monday, May 5, 2008

New Face to Old Photos

I have been looking through the photos that Dad sent to me to find ways to retouch them, and in this case, get a bit creative. I used Adobe Lightroom to make the colors I wanted and then sent them to Adobe Photoshop for the watercolor effect. The photos look their best and give the full water color effect when you click on them to open them up in their own browser window.


Most of these pictures are of Brian. In the back of this scene is the old fire place that used to occupy the kitchen. I recall filling up many wheelbarrows in the winter time with wood to be stacked on the front porch to keep this monster going.


Once I looked at the photo I can acually remember being in this bucket of water taking a cool bath on Grandma MacNeil's back lawn one summer.


I am holding up a funnel that Grandma MacNeil had in her bottom kitchen drawer. I was facinated by the shape and would pull it out often to play with it. Here I am featured with it in the impromptu tub.



This is Brian in the photo, but I do recall very well putting many summer hours behind weeding implements.


The IML truck made for a good seat that doubled as a toy.


I have a picture just like this posted on the blog of Jeffrey playing inside of his dresser drawer.







Both Brian and I put in endless hours rocking on this horse, although I cannot recall where it was usually located.

As far back as it is, I can recall playing with the beads on this chair and the plastic feel of the material. My recollections must be from on older self having found the chair in the basement.





This may be the first summer that we had the Troy Built tiller. We all put countless hours behind that machine.

Growing pumkins was fun because we knew that at Halloween we would carve them and put them out on the porch with candles.





3 comments:

The Mac Clan said...

I have such a cute husband!!! But pay attention to those ears. he finally has grown into them!

Anonymous said...

Your dad brought by a CD with pictures on them from the old photo albums but I noticed of the file folders he provided many pictures were duplicates. Reviewing your pictures I see that they are ones I didn't get. We'll have to talk. I need to be sure and let you know which pictures are you and which are Brian. It can be a bit confusing. How fun to look back. The horse used to sit in the living room below a mirror and by the entrance to the hall. You spent as many hours rubbing down the horse as riding it!

Tami said...

Man Cory I do remember a few of those pics. Show how old I am. LOL! I especially remember the school photos. I look at that onw of you and can remember all the good times playing in fields and running around the yard at your old house. Man how times have changed.