

I have been here before. I am sure of it. Was it a dream I had? Did I see a photo of the place in a magazine or on the news? Of course, I remember now. I came through here the last time I was on my way to Afghanistan. Our accommodations are rustic, but quite improved since the last time I came through here just six months ago.
Back at the airport in Maine, over a hundred veterans braved the snow and wind to come see us off at the airport. It is something that they do every time they hear of a military flight coming through their airport. I shook hands and had conversations with many, enjoyed a free doughnut and received some good Swiss chocolate before boarding the plane.
During the entire flight over here if I was not sleeping, I was reading the Spanish scriptures that Tricia gave me for our early family Christmas. I have had a good time highlighting, cross-referencing and reading the Spanish aloud.
I still have no idea what job I will be assigned when I make it back to FOB Connolly, but I feel confident that I can do anything given to me, and I do not feel any trepidation about making the journey. I was able to use a free phone card and call Tricia early in her morning back in UT. We talked for fifteen minutes and she told me about Jeffrey playing with the twins, and calling for me around the house. It may take a few days before he realizes I will be gone for a long time again. It is nice that he has the twins and other family gathering at Christmas time to occupy his day.
No comments:
Post a Comment