Friday night Jeffrey and I went with some friends to the Fort Riley Elementary school carnival. Jeffrey had fallen asleep on the way and so was pretty shy to get into the activites at first but eventually warmed up. My camera battery died after this picture so I just got the one, but he went bowling, to the duck pond, and endless trips around the cake walk hoping for a sweet treat. He adores my friend and followed her around all night, he always calls all my friends by their first name which I hope that no one gets offended by but he just thinks they are his friends too.
Saturday afternoon and evening was spent in our downstairs bathroom. Why you ask? Because that's what you do when you're pregnant and nervous and the national weather service issues a historic tornado warning. This picture was after the first "all clear" we got after being in there for about 30 minutes. We were in our shower three times last night and spent several hours trying to sleep on the bathroom floor on an air mattress. I like the people in Kansas but I don't love the weather in Kansas. I'm just too much of a nervous Nellie for the whole thing. For the record though, and in credit to my dad ever prepared training, I was ready for anything. We had enough water stored to keep us going, our 72 hour kits of food, flashlights, our weather radio, a change of clothes, and all our important papers in a fireproof safe in the bathroom. We had our shoes on most of the night and then kept them safe when we tried to get some sleep. I also had fresh batteries for Jeffrey's leapster just in case we needed them.
Jeffrey tells me at least once a day that he is going to miss daddy. But then he usually gives me a hug and tells me that he loves me and that we are going to be a team. In true Jeffrey fashion we're in the stage of following me around all day long. It reminds me of the quote I've see on pinterest, "We used to want it all, now we just want to go to the bathroom alone." Yep. It would be nice to have a few quiet minutes without someone trying to break down the door telling me I need to read him a story or play geotrax with him. Good times.
Also, don't my teeth look so pretty and straight? I still find myself staring at it. So much different than I am used to seeing.
No comments:
Post a Comment