Thursday, January 8, 2009

Never Ending Wash


How can three people produce so much laundry to do all the time?! I enjoy cleaning the house for short amounts of time. It is quite relaxing to create order and makes it so that though the house may be messy in some rooms on some days it is never dirty. The one thing I have not been able to bring myself to enjoy is folding laundry. I can sort it. I can wash it. I can dry it and put it in a basket. I have an exceedingly hard time bringing myself to fold it. I do enjoy neat drawers and have an organization to how my pants are stacked in the closet, but the actual folding gets me. The worst is Jeffrey’s clothes. They are so tiny it takes a lot to create a full load of laundry, but then we are left with a stack of small items that seem to take the better part of an afternoon to fold.

Because I procrastinate the folding of clothes by the time I get to it another batch has built up to be washed which creates an illusion of never ending clothes to be washed, folded and put away. Stop the insanity!

2 comments:

Audra said...

I can definately relate to that one. We have 6 people's laundry and I have had to just learn to accept the fact that it will NEVER be done. We just decided that Saturday is laundry day - though it is crazy, it's nice to get it all done in one day and then I don't worry about it the rest of the week - no matter how big the pile gets! It's great...I also used to wash Taylor's (my oldest) clothes by themselves until I realized the extra stress it caused in my life to wait for a full load of her clothes, but that's not for me to say for your fam - just something else I decided was worth letting go to make my life a little simpler.

Sherri said...

Funny. Never-ending chore. There are some weeks that it just doesn't get done at our house, a load here or there just to keep us going. But then there are times that I'm on top of it. I wish those times always existed. I used to be consistent when I had two kids and lived in our apt. in NSL where we had an assigned day to share the laundry room. And it actually got folded that day and not 3 weeks later! Sometimes I just need to do that to myself, make it mandatory. Ugh!