...yesterday was proof of that. Jeffrey started out the day just fine, we got ready for church and were set to be ontime, just waiting for daddy. Jeffrey was fine through the opening song and just kept asking for a binky (we're phasing it out, just bed time and nap time now) but I didn't have one. After the sacrament was almost over he was sitting on my lap (we're those keep them on lockdown kind of parents) he started to throw up. I panicked and tried to catch it in my hands. Why? I don't know. But when Cory got out his rag and we tried to clean him up, he did it again. So I picked him up and started to walk to the back of the chapel. Poor kid ralphed three more times before I was able to get him to the bathroom, sadly on the carpet of the chapel too. He was covered, I was covered and I was trying to clean him up. Cory came out and we tried to get Jeffrey cleaned up, had to take off almost all his clothes and then had to decide what to do. It was one of those moments that now I can laugh at, but at the time I just wanted to cry.
Two other guys had come out by then and had cleaned up the spot in the chapel and the carpet in the hall. My skirt was covered too so they helped me get cleaned up too. This is the first time Jeffrey has actually thrown up and let's just say I hope it doesn't happen all that often.
He was really not doing well yesterday though, couldn't keep anything down. I was worried (after a few more sick episodes at home) that he'd be dehydrated before the bug had run it's course. Germans are not 'in and out' people when it comes to the hospital and the prospect of spending the better part of the week with him there wasn't great. But he is doing better now.
So much better that already today he has (a) taken the DVD player off the shelf in an attempt to figure out the cords, (b) broken the screws on the utensil drawer after opening the child lock on it and (c) drawn a mural in dark brown marker on the wall. I think mommy's going to have some mommy time when daddy gets home from work.
1 comment:
Isn't being a mommy great? I just hope someday my kids get to experience all of this and tell me "Wow, Mom(and Dad), I didn't know all that you put up with for me."
It seems our kids tend to throw up at Grandma's a lot. (Thanksgiving vacation). So they got the fun, dirty job of cleaning it up. Something about some over-ripe grapes from the vines out back. I think the throw-up stuff is the worst, although, I hate it when my kids are sick at all. Makes me very anxious.
Post a Comment