Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Visit from the Plotts


Our friends, the Plotts, have been gone for a very long time in different parts of the world and we were glad to see them return when we met up with them at church. Tricia made a great chicken and rice dinner last night and we invited them to join us. We have not invited a lot of guests to our home, but we always enjoy a visit with Dave and Holly.

After dinner our entertainment was a round of Kabooki on the Nintendo Wii. Jeffrey joined us with the second controler and kept himself busy.

Kahlil Gabrahn wrote in his book, "The Prophet," your friends are not those people that you spend time with when there is nothing else to do, but those you spend time with when there is everything to do.

1 comment:

thewhittakerfamily said...

I still have the large Kahlil Gibran book you gave me, so if you ever want it back.... I wish I had the smaller book called "The Prophet" that had the very saying you are quoting.

There is a proverb I use all the time when I send a thank you to a friend "a friend is someone you hold with both hands".