
Looking back it is amazing how far we have traveled in seven days.
Monday – Movers came to pack up all of our possessions and box them away. We were impressed with how well everything was packed and inventoried so we have no worries that all of our items will arrive to Colorado with no trouble. With no furniture in the house at all we spent the night in the on post hotel, the Tower Inn.
Tuesday – I met the housing inspector in the afternoon. She was obviously impressed with how we had cleaned and did not make me pay for a missing room key. As the movers were packing up and emptying out rooms we had not much to do except clean as items were moved out. While driving down the street the Gage’s car died on me and I had to push it into a parking stall close by. ADAC came out to tow the car back to the Gage home and we followed behind in a car that SSG Berry from the Academy was kind enough to lend us.
Wednesday – Final out process procedures completed for the Army and we had plane tickets in hand.
Thursday – I picked up my leave form and saw the academy for the last time. We moved out of the Tower Inn and over to the Morris’s who had us for dinner, allowed us to spend the night. I returned SSG Berry’s car and took the walk to the Morris home with my camera in hand to take a last opportunity to shoot Grafenwohr, Germany.
Monday – Movers came to pack up all of our possessions and box them away. We were impressed with how well everything was packed and inventoried so we have no worries that all of our items will arrive to Colorado with no trouble. With no furniture in the house at all we spent the night in the on post hotel, the Tower Inn.
Tuesday – I met the housing inspector in the afternoon. She was obviously impressed with how we had cleaned and did not make me pay for a missing room key. As the movers were packing up and emptying out rooms we had not much to do except clean as items were moved out. While driving down the street the Gage’s car died on me and I had to push it into a parking stall close by. ADAC came out to tow the car back to the Gage home and we followed behind in a car that SSG Berry from the Academy was kind enough to lend us.
Wednesday – Final out process procedures completed for the Army and we had plane tickets in hand.
Thursday – I picked up my leave form and saw the academy for the last time. We moved out of the Tower Inn and over to the Morris’s who had us for dinner, allowed us to spend the night. I returned SSG Berry’s car and took the walk to the Morris home with my camera in hand to take a last opportunity to shoot Grafenwohr, Germany.





Friday – Cori Morris drove us to the Nuremburg airport. Our flights took us from there to Amsterdam, and then on to Dallas. Jeffrey was amazingly great on all of the flight. He slept, watched the TV in front of him, played with cars, and held our hands. Just before landing in Dallas one of the stewardesses commented to us on how surprised she was on Jeffrey’s calm behavior during all 10 hours of the flight. We touched down in time to pick up the Pontiac shipped ahead of us, but the luggage was still back in Germany and would have to catch up the next day. We looked out onto the American country side and stores the way that I did the first days that I was in Korea. It is a change to come back.
Saturday – We used the car to go to the Sprint store to buy cell phones, which we used to call family to let them know that we did not have the car yet and we would not be home until the planned day of Tuesday evening. Hehe. Our luggage arrived in the evening and we got it ready to go for the next day’s travel.
Sunday – The first day of journey by car took us from Lake Dallas, Texas all the way to somewhere just beyond Denver, Colorado where we stopped for the night. We only let Phil know of our true plans so that someone had an idea of where we really were. During the car journey Tricia and I listened to the audio recording of Eragon. Jeffrey was again very good during the journey.
Monday – Awaking early we took the final leg of the Journey to Utah where at about 1300 we pulled into the Brown’s driveway and gave everyone a big surprise. Later in the evening we went over to the MacNeil’s where we baffled them as to how we could have arrived so soon.

1 comment:
I am so happy for you that the trip went well. I have been keeping your family in my prayers. I am sure that the family in Utah are very happy to spend time with you. I can hardly wait until we have the chance to see you. Love of Hugs from Ohio.
Post a Comment