Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dinosaur Museum


Thanksgiving Point also has an awesome dinosaur museum that we visited with the Whittakers.


I liked the museum because there were things that were set out purposely for children to touch and hold.



We took turns keeping watch of Jeffrey as he ran around to each new thing that caught his attention.



I did not read any of the information signs. I think that next time I will so that I can appreciate better what I am photgraphing.






After playing for a few moments in the sand pit it was time to wash hands. We tried to get Jeffrey to play some more digging up bones with the other kids already there, but he was determinedly not interested.



I was amazed at how huge some of the dinosaurs are. Reading about them in a book or seeing a picture does not quite capture the sense of awe as when looking up directly into the skelatol face suspended above you.







There is quite a lot to see at this museum and would be a place that I would gladly return to in a few years.






He is definitely facinated by things that push, pull, bend and twist.




Jeffrey leaving the museum in his yellow rain coat and wellies.

1 comment:

Jen Hamner said...

We often don't have the time or patience to read the info about things when we are visiting so I have the habit of taking pictures of it and zooming in later to see what it is I took a picture of...works like a charm EVERYTIME!