
I took the batteries out of my Canon 30D and put it back in its bag for the last time for a very long time. I will not be taking it with me as there will not be room and I would not want to take such a nice camera into such harsh conditions. I will be taking with me my Canon PowerShot, the camera I took with me to Iraq several years ago. After working with the 30D for so long it will be hard to let it go for the less sophisticated PowerShot, but it is the only logical choice to make.
I do have a tripod that will be goiong with me and I will of course have my laptop with Photoshop. I will have to learn to shoot in a different style because of the limitations of the camera, but I am convinced that this challenge will help me to be an even better photographer by the time I am able to return to the 30D. In the mean time I have already compiled a list of lenses and such that I would like to save for and purchase during my away time. It will give me something to look forward to returning to along with my wonderful family.

No comments:
Post a Comment