Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hero Miles

We will be using the Hero Miles program to get Tricia down to see me for a week. Many people have donated their frequent flyer miles into one pool for the military to draw upon to get family to soldiers, and soldiers to their families. While she is here for seven days she will be staying in the guest house on post at no charge. It only took a few minutes of paper work to get this arranged.


I went on a trip to a restaurant called The Barn Door where we had an awesome steak dinner. I got to know a few other WTU soldiers at my table, one of which turned out to be a CW5 helicopter pilot who is a Latter-Day-Saint and has offered to take me to church on Sunday.


Lunch was provided by a local church who's members came to serve us a delicious meal of meat loaf, potaotes and gravy and the other side dishes that make a meal like that great. As we passed through the serving line the servers gave us hearty thanks for our service to the country. After a dinner at the hospital I came back to the Warrior Transition Family Center (WTFC) where I had signed up for a massage. Several professional massus came in with their tables and worked on us for about half an hour each. I feel fantastic right now. Later tonight I will go back to my room to finish watching The Soloist and start reading Rainbow Six, by Tom Clancy, which I picked up from the library.

No comments: