Friday, September 25, 2009
Texas Pictures
We had a great week together down in Texas all things considered. Yes, Cory got hit in the arm and had to be evacuated. But I'll take a reunion any day and since my mom was home in Colorado with Jeffrey, it was almost like a second honeymoon. Thanks Mom!
I had to post this to show how cool my Canon G10 is. We were pretty far away from this tiger but it looks like I'm up close right? Well, I love it and so does Cory. This was taken at the San Antonio Zoo. One of the many activities we've been able to take advantage of during Cory's stay in San Antonio. He's at the rodeo tonight. I'm sure he'll fill you in.
Taking refuge from the sun. Why people want to live in Texas is beyond me. It's seriously like the surface of the sun. I'm pretty sure I melted within the first 10 minutes of going outside every day. My body doesn't cope with heat very well. Nope.
See. He's healthy and well (small injury to the arm aside) and he has a whole new wardrobe. They have a program available for those who come directly from theater and don't have anything but their ID card (like Cory). I am seriously touched by all the things they do for them.
This snake was so amazingly green, this isn't the right picture, Cory had a cooler one, but honestly it took forever to upload these, so I'll post it later...or let him do it when he gets here.
This poor bear must have been dying of heat. I know I was.
This one was at the San Antonio Raceway. I've never been to see the drag races, so it was a LOUD and new experience. The guy who arranged everything was just a nice guy...cursed like a sailor but had a heart of gold and would do anything for those wounded warriors. He spent 20 minutes explaining the whole set up to Cory and me and making sure that we had a good time. It was a really fun night. Though I was eaten alive by mosquitoes.
I love my Cory. That's all I have to say about that.
The guy who arranged this built this car with his friend. This was the maiden voyage in the Friday night test and tune. We were only able to see it go once, but it was pretty cool.
This is inside the Warrior and Family Support Center. This is an AMAZING place at Fort Sam Houston. It was built on military land but was the result of donations by others. This place has everything you could want or need to make things comfortable when you are away from home. They have computers, big screen TVs, gaming consoles, a full kitchen, meals several times a week and an activity or three every single day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is so nice you guys could spend some time together. It looks like you guys had a fun, but hot time. :)
I was wondering if I could ask a favor. I understand you are really busy so if you can't that's fine.
I am wanting to start making jewelery. I have been looking on line at several beading stores and I was wondering what the basic supplies are. What would you recommend for beading wire? Did you get a couple of colors or just a silver? does it really matter. What pliers and tools did you get? Picking out the beads is the easy part, I just want to get the basics so I can be ready to roll when my things get here.
PS are you on facebook, I don't think we are friends :)
Thanks
Emily Bingham
Hey! I've just been reading up on your latest news and am so glad that Cori seems to be recovering well. I can't imagine what these past few weeks must have been like for you guys, but the Lord has surely been watching out for you and I hope that things continue to get better. We're thinking about you and miss you! ~Love, The Gages
Post a Comment