Thursday, May 6, 2010

First Days Back



Jeffrey has been nonstop entertainment for me since I returned. I opened an item yesterday that contained a set of instructions printed on a tightly folded piece of paper. This morning Jeffrey wanted me to help him find his snake paper. I thought it was a made up item until he found the instruction set and carried it all over the house all day long and kept calling it his snake paper. I have a set of master locks that Jeffrey can recall from before I left for Afghanistan that I keep in my top drawer. He was excited to get me to let him play with them. Those locks have been a source of hours of entertainment for him already.
Jeffrey has a lot of funny sayings that he suddenly says at all times of the day. Tricia had me watch the movie Up with him, which is his new favorite, so that I would understand many of his cryptic sayings. Jeffrey has whole scenes of the movie memorized that he will act out. I am amazed at how much Jeffrey is talking now and how much he is able to say and express.

We all went out today for our first day of yard work. We pulled a few weeds growing among our plants, evened out the mulch, and I even got the lawn mower going so that I could cut half an inch off of a few of the taller spots of grass. It felt great to get outside.
We have begun to read a new book as a family. I have had the three volume set of War and Peace for many years now and decided it would be a fun family read. I enjoy the dialogue that takes place in the book as well as the omniscient narrator telling about each person.

I took Tricia to dance on Wednesday. She was excited to be able to begin the month dancing as she has had to miss for a while since there was not someone to watch Jeffrey.

I did put my two new lenses on my camera and tried them out along with a few light shaping tools I saved for while away.


No comments: