Monday, May 17, 2010
Happy Birthday, Jeffrey!!
I first thought I would be working late today, but as luck would have it I ended up coming home early in the day. Tricia and I spent our time with Jeffrey in celebration of his third birthday. Wow, we were back in Germany at the Klinikum Weiden in the delivery room three years ago! Our first act of celebrating his birthday was to clean Mommy and Daddy's room along with the living room down stairs. A clean house is a happy house.
Grandparents sent several packages to Jeffrey along with our own gifts. We broke the gifts up by their respective senders and allowed him to open each set throughout the day to prevent the excitement from going out like a big fire cracker and to ensure that he had to time to realize that the gifts were from different people.
You can also see that Tricia decided to step up our blog a little more with a great new header and changed the color layout.
As a side note, I learned today that yet again the flight returning our troops have been pushed back. This is partly due to the volcano and partly due to changes that just happen any way. Several families traveled across the country to be at the welcome home ceremony only to find out when they arrived that their Soldier would not be there. This is why Tricia and I sometimes do not tell family and friends what we know about our own plans when it involves the military.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for letting me enjoy the excitment of Jeffrey's birthday! He sure enjoyed his gifts and what a great idea...to spread them out and let him be lost in the joy of each one.
Isn't it a delight to see life from their perspective?
Life offers us some unique gifts, too. We just have to be willing to untie the ribbon and get lost in the joy...
I love you all every day.
happy happy birthday Jeffery
Post a Comment