Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Greatness of Ordinary

While shopping for groceries with Tricia and Jeffrey (it is great to do ordinary things with the family again) we picked up a copy of Avatar. I saw a bootleg copy in Afghanistan and thought it would be fun to see it with the family back here on a genuine DVD. We folded clothes while the movie played (ok, I am not ecstatic to do all ordinary activities again).While at the store Jeffrey was my shopping buddy and went every where with me. As I selected items from the shelf I would hand them to Jeffrey who gladly ran them back to the cart and tossed them in.

When Jeffrey saw me with my tripod he expressed a great interest in wanting to play with it. I thought he might just want to see how it adjusts, but he already had a game intended for it. He used it as a telescope to see the air planes fly around our house. In the midst of our game an air plane was heard above us and it added a great effect to the fun. 


Jeffrey is also non-stop with his Up antics. He quotes lines, reenacts scenes and can turn anything we do into a play game based on the story line. He did so with me during the entire Saturday we spent together while Tricia was away at a dance rehearsal. 


It is great to be back for the ordinary activities of life.

No comments: