After dropping off Tricia at dance I took Jeffrey on a 20 minute ride to see the Denver Temple. The parking lot was nearly full showing the temple was getting some good use on a Thursday night. Before we got out of the car I told Jeffrey we would have to talk quietly and not run in order to be reverent. He put on his whisper voice and walked with me. Then he saw the water fountain and the reverence was reversed. He was obedient and did not climb up on the fountain to touch the water as he wanted to, but he did keep running around it over and over. I wanted to take out my camera and take a few photos of Jeffrey by the fountain when the lights came on and lit it up, but I was afraid that as soon as I turned my eyes away he might run out into the parking lot. Once he started to run around too much we went back to the car and admired the temple through our windows.
I learned some more about changing my MOS in the army, but it was not good news. I went to see the division reenlistment NCO who explained to me that anyone with an ETS date of 31 March 2012 is able to reenlist. Dates after that are on a hold until October. I have an ETS date of 10 April 2012, so I have to wait until October to see what the new guidance will be. Hopefully public affairs will still be in the BEAR program when October comes around.
No comments:
Post a Comment