So over Labor day we had been planning a trip to Yellowstone with my whole family. My gram was going to pay for an 8 room cabin where we all stayed each night. Two days before Cory told me he just wasn't going to be able to go. This job of his is crazy...and I was so upset about it but in the end, he would have paid for weeks had he gone, so Jeffrey and I went to Utah the night before everyone was planning to go. Uncle Scott and Aunt Jen let us ride in the back of their suburban (Uncle Jeff and Aunt Melissa were in the middle seat) and they had planned on making a stop at Bear World in Idaho on the trip up.
As we arrived at the park there was a place where you could drive through and see all of the big animals that they had. This was one of the grizzly bears. They have cute ears round just like a teddy bear. But I don't think they would be as cuddly.
I haven't seen a bear in real life closer than at the zoo, so it was pretty amazing to see them. Even if they weren't like wild bears. (These bears lived a cushy life of bread and donuts).
This is my favorite bear of the day! Isn't he cute?
Melissa, Scott, Jeff, and Jeffrey
I was one of those people who leashed my child. But honestly I had to (it was me against the unequaled energy of a 3 year old) and he really doesn't mind it.
We decided to go on the curator tour which was on this HUGE truck we drove around the same path we had before only this time we had food for the animals to eat. We gave these blond haired, blue eyed deer hay. No donuts for them.
See how polite they are? They sit up and when I held up my last donut to throw out one of them even waved at me as if he was asking for it. Of course I gave it to him.
That was what the truck looked like (Sort of) and I wanted to take a picture of the picture...I'm too cheap to buy them.
Bear world also had all of these rides available for the kiddos to ride. Best part? They were free after you paid admission. Jeffrey rode to his heart's content (actually he wanted to ride all day, but we had to get to Yellowstone sometime!) and thanks to his willing Uncle Scott, he got to ride the tree ride too.
1 comment:
Thanks for the fun pictures of Bear World! Rick and I went with his side of the Whittaker family to Ashton, Idaho and on our way home we stopped by Bear World. It was so much fun and because we had children with us we went on all the rides after the tour. I'm glad that I can picture all of those fun things that Jeffrey so enjoyed. Hope you had fun too!
Post a Comment