The Brown family has been planning a vacation to Yellow Stone National Park for many months now. Tricia and I were very excited to be able to go since we first heard about the idea. When a date was finally selected, it happened to be over a four-day weekend for me, which means our six-day vacation would only take me away from work for two days.
For the first eight weeks that I was at my new job as the battalion schools NCO, I did not have a computer. Everything I do is electronic and on the net, so I have been way behind the power curve until very recently when a laptop was procured for me. I am so far behind the power curve that I had to make the tough decision to skip out on the Yellow Stone trip and use all six days to work. My job is quite reactive because I have to deal with people and items they bring to me all through the working day. I need to take advantage of the four uninterrupted working days to catch up while there is no one to hand me more work through the day. It was a hard decision to make, but this is a critical time to catch up and begin to get ahead so that I can be proactive at work rather than reactive.
I am glad that Tricia and Jeffrey decided to continue on the trip. I would have been super bummed if I were at work this weekend knowing that they were both at home waiting for me.
Not going to Yellow Stone did give me the chance to attend a chapel session at the Denver Temple. I recognized many people from my ward there and it was an uplifting experience even though Tricia was not there to share it.
No comments:
Post a Comment