Cory just called and said he'd finished day two of the competition. He was beat! They did a 15 km ruck march in the dark and had to do a night range (shooting targets with nothing but flares as light). He came in first at the end so he was pretty pleased with himself. Earlier today they had to do a vehicle search...and a mission with the Bundeswehr (German army) in the tunnels of the training city. The hard work and the long hours of training seem to have paid off.
Good story...I am claustrophobic and about have a panic attack when I'm in elevators or underground parking lots. So part of the mission today was to lead these two German soldiers through the tunnels and one of them pretended to be claustrophobic and the goal was to keep him calm. Back in May when we went to Salzburg, we parked in a mountain and had to walk forever to get out of the mountain. I nearly hyperventilated, but Cory was there and held my hand, so I pretend that I contributed to the training, though I don't think he held that soldier's hand. That would be creepy.
Tomorrow is the lanes (I'm praying for no more combatives, who wants to be punched in the face for ten minutes?) and the land navigation and then they finish up Thursday. We're almost done with this one.
Sugar and Bampa and Aunt Jen and Uncle Scott are on their way here now. I'm so excited to see them. I can't even stand it. I don't know how I'll be able to sleep tonight with my husband gone and Christmas day coming early tomorrow!
2 comments:
We hope you guys all have fun!
That was a good story. I'm glad you made it out okay. Enjoy the time with your family!
Post a Comment