
The Brown family vacation included a trip to the crystal making factory. To our surprise there was a glass blower in the store doing a demonstration. Scott was called from the audience to open and close the molding which helped to form a vase just like this one. The hot crystal has to sit for 24 hours before someone can purchase it, but we found this vase just like the one Scott helped to make and bought it.
It was a lot of fun to see the blower take the glass in and out of his kiln and watch the glass glow orange hot. With metal tong like tools and wooden rolling devices drenched in water he the blower spun, twisted, pulled, pinched and stretched a hot glob of glass into a vase.
Phil gave me this pen to write in my knock off moleskine note book which I purchased after I had seen how clever and convenient his own genuiine moleskine notebook he carried on the trip with him was.

1 comment:
I have sometimes been accused of being a tech-nophobe. But that is really a misconception. I'm not afraid of technology. Heaven knows, I am thankful for the technology that has allowed us to stay in contact across the globe. I believe that there is something we lose when we rely only on the got-to-have-it-now means of communicating. There are times when we, as people, need to get back to the beginning of our abilities. I have books and scriptures and lesson manuals on my Palm, but there is something indescribable about taking pen in hand and completing the crossword puzzle. There is also something to be gained from making journal entries the "old fashioned" way.
Post a Comment