Saturday, April 18, 2009

In Processing FT Carson


I have been in processing into Fort Carson this week, which means that I have been sitting through a lot of briefings and filling out paperwork left and right. The amount of services availiable at Fort Carson are of a much greater variety than those available in tiny Grafenwohr.

I am still not sure what unit I will be going to. That will not be solved until Monday.


The house is more comfortable now that our first delivery of household goods has arrived, though we are living off of shelves now instead of out of bags. We are all three excited for the day when the big white truck will arrive with the rest of our boxed up items.


As you can see, it is not easy being Jeffrey. After returning from the store he met the two dogs across the street and wanted to stay outside in the cold snow to play with them, but it was far too cold to let him do so as he only has minimal clothing to keep him warm. We did not expect this snowy blowy weather at all.


One day can be warm, sunny and ready to have us put our flop flops on, and then next it can snow, blow and send us all in the house.


I suppose that it is our high elevation that dramatizes the weather. Since our home is even higher that FT Carson, whatever is happening down there is generally even worse up here. Our house faces in such a direction that it recieves sun on the driveway nearly all the day and helps keep our porch ice free and our sloped driveway easy to pull in and out with any vehicle.

No comments: