Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our plans for traveling to Colorado used I-15 to connect to I-80 all the way to Colorado Springs, but the weather in Rawlins, WY put a halt on our travel. With the use of cell phones Tricia and Phil put their heads together and found that if we back tracked a few miles we could connect to highway 789 taking us south to I-70 which also leads to Colorado Springs. I am glad that we did so because we were right back on our way on a safe dry road with very little traffic and the country side was stunning. So beautiful in fact that when we take our next trip to Utah we might purposely take this route again. I regret not taking a few minutes to stop at capture at least one of the dramatic mountain sides covered in trees and snow with my camera, especially where the sun was breaking through the cloud cover and creating dramatic skylight effects on the steep mountain sides.


View Larger Map

No comments: