Saturday, October 24, 2009

CFC




It is that time of year. The Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) in upon us. This is an opportunity for federal employees to make a payroll deduction donation to a favorite charity. I found the I found the Warrior and Family Support Center (WFSC) among the long list of charitable foundations. This organization has provided me and many other wounded warriors with good activities that get us out of our barracks rooms and allows the local area an opportunity to give service to us. The charity code is 33046 and can be found on page 43 of the CFC charitable organization list.

I finally received my gratuitous issue of uniforms. Until now I have been wearing civilian clothes each day because the only thing I brought back with me from Afghanistan was a strategically placed ID card. I am glad to have the uniforms, but I have to break in a new pair of issue Bellville boots. I like the boots once they are broken into my feet, but already after a morning of walking I have blisters on my heals. The leather is not very forgiving when it is new and stiff.

I have been keeping a copy of the Book of Mormon on my night stand. I see it when I wake up and am reminded not to put off reading for the end of the day when I am tired. Having this small book makes it easy to pick up and carry with me when I suspect that I may have some time to read while out and about. When I want to do some serious subject study I prefer to get online where I can look up long list of scriptures all at once. This paper back copy reminds me that it is also good to read cover to cover to see how the history and stories all connect.

My math class has been kicking me in the rear. I spent nearly three hours today working on four math problems. Let’s see, that would be 60 x 3 = 180; 180 / 4 = 45 minutes for each problem. That was useful math. No polynomials on this blog.

Tonight’s entertainment was another trip to the San Antonio Race Way. While I was in the stands I figured out a way to reconfigure my cameras neck strap to turn it into a combination neck strap and hand strap. With the best of both I can go hands free and have a tight grip on my camera. I attached the thin end of one strap to the eyelets of the battery grip and right side top to form the hand grip. This leaves the rest of the fat portion of the strap to go around my body and attach to the left top eyelet.

No comments: