Monday, October 19, 2009

Last Vacation Photos


On our last days of vacation with the Brown family we passed through the city of Silverton. Our first stop after the local information hot spot was the photoshop where we had our pictures taken. We all dressed in old western atire and I picked out a gun from the rack on the wall for our vintage photo.


As we were leaving Silverton we started heading the wrong way, but found this wonderful canyon we wanted to come back and explore some day. I used two neutral density filters on my lens to slow down my shutter speed to get this photo. The water looks silky because at f22 I am still using a shutter speed of 8 seconds.



Tricia met this nice man while we were walking through town.



As soon as everyone steps off of the Silverton Durango train the first thing they want to take a photo of is the train. I had to wait for the crowd to move on before I could get this shot. I dialed down my EV a full f stop to ensure that the black train would turn out black in the exposure.



Outside of an antique shop a lot of rusty farm implements and tools were hung on the barn like wall. I cannot resist taking photos of old things.



Our plan was to return home through Gunnison National Forest, but it was so dark when we passed through that all we saw was the first line of trees in our head lights.


No comments: