I arrived home from church just in time to receive a phone call from Jeffrey. It seems that he got a hold of mommy's phone while she was sleeping and pressed the dial button, which calls the last dialed number. I spoke with Jeffrey for a minute before I realized that Tricia had not dialed me and then handed on the phone, but that he had called on his own. We talked for another minute and he let me know that, "mommy sleeping."
On Monday I went to Paesanos, an amazing Italian restaurant. Our meal was more than just a good one. This is four star eating. We do not know who has made the donation, but once in a while a small group of wounded warriors are invited to eat here and I can tell you that I would not be able to afford to eat there otherwise.
I am still reading Treasure Island to Jeffrey. My personal items were sent back to me from Afghanistan and my microphone was one of the first things I looked for.
1 comment:
I am so glad to see that you are enjoying the stories you are reading to Jeffrey! It's fun to read outloud. It makes it more like "story telling" than reading.
My first choice is always children's literature because it has so much story and so little fluff. And the classics are truly that, classic. They stand out as stories that are timeless and well told.
What wonderful memories you both will be able to conjure when you hear a title of a classic.
The next step will be to start quizzing Jeffrey about the story. As he grows he should not only hear it, but be able to tell you about it, and soon make observations as well. He will have a jump start on his classmates for sure.
Post a Comment