Saturday, October 24, 2009

Medina Lake


The Boy Scouts invited us out to Medina Lake. When we arrived after a short drive we found plenty of fishing poles, a few paddle boats and a small troop of scouts excited to show us around.


Lunch was an amazing Texas BBQ. You know you are in Texas when brisket is served. Yes! I spent my time in the boats and walking along the shore with my camera. I listened to The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis in the afternoon and fell asleep on the grass in the shade. Someone had to come and tap me on the shoulder to wake me up to tell me it was time to go.



The administrative process to get me back to FT Carson has already started. I have appearantly set a record for turn around time here at the WTU from arriving to getting ready to leave. Rather than go back to a WTU at FT Carson it looks as though I will be headed for the rear detachment. There is no sense in me being in a WTU since I am doing so well. WTU are really designed for soldiers that need to see doctors on a constant basis and are not ready to get back to the rigors of regular military duty. I am told I could be on my way in as little as two weeks.

No comments: