Monday, October 5, 2009

Pearl Jam

I went on a tour today of the historic San Antonio. Our tour guide was knowledgeable about past and current history of the area and took us to see things and places that many would drive by without realizing how interesting they are. What made the trip the most fun was having another photographer along with me. We had a great time snapping photos and comparing what we had captured.

I jumped on the opportunity to attend the Pearl Jam concert going on in Austin, TX, sponsored by Austin City Limits at the music festival. Pearl Jam was the closing act for the festival and was the highlight event of the three day fest. Our accommodations were better than front row seats. A platform had been constructed stage right and one floor up. We were able to look down on the band playing just a short distance from us. At the midpoint of the concert between songs Ed Vedder, the lead singer, had the lights turned up on us and made sure the audience knew who we were and why we had been invited to be so close. The concert was two hours long and we rocked to many of the old school jams of Ten and Yield.

Tonight I we went to a steak restaurant where we ate our selves full of fresh hot rolls, a melt in your mouth steak, and a baked potato with all of the fixings. I sat next to SPC Ford whom I have come to know and attend a lot of the events with. I enjoy his company because he likes to get out and do fun things to experience the world around him and we can laugh ourselves silly over nearly anything.

No comments: