It's great to be home, especially after such a long delayed trip. It's great to be in my own bed with my own house, I really appreciate what I have after I've been gone for such a long time.I think Cory's way more popular than I am, he gets way more comments on his blog entries than I do. Hmmm...wonder why?
So I discovered a lot about myself while I was home though. As some of you know I had another little mental breakdown after this whole ordeal with Cory. Life was just way too big for me to handle and I didn't feel like I was doing anything right. I totally have no one but myself to blame, I've always been too critical of myself and it was just a vicious cycle of frustration and disappointment. But spending so much time with my mom and sisters (Sherri and Mistee, totally counting you here), it was like a recharge to my mom bucket. Amazing women all around and I couldn't help but feel better about life and that I could handle just about anything. Jeffrey and I had a few headbutting sessions, that kid has a BIG personality and he's just about as stubborn as I am when he gets his mind on something. But I think we've come to understand each other a little bit better. He knows that mommy means business and when I'm serious about something, that I really mean it and it would be better for him not to test me. But I've learned to speak Jeffrey's language more and been able to help him better. All in all there is no substitute for having girl time and someone to commiserate with when life just stinks!
So now it's back to pea-kut butter wan-wiches and Gickey Mouse and Witt-dein-steins. (Or peanut butter sandwiches, mickey mouse, and little einsteins) And getting Jeffrey back on a bedtime routine.
4 comments:
I don't want you to feel like no one comments, but since I've never actually met you face to face, I better introduce myself. I'm a friend of Cory's from highschool and my older brother is good friends with Cory's brother, Brian. Plus, I'm friends with Mary... When Cory brought you a tree to ask you out on your first date, my husband and I were with him... Anyhow - I'm glad that you made it home safely!! Good luck getting settled in on the routine again!! I've got an (almost) 2 year old, and I can only imagine that you've got your hands full :). I hope Jeffrey decides to give you a little break :) - Carrie
A tree? Oh my goodness. The stories I haven't heard yet! Carrie is the best and how sweet that she is following what happens in the life of your little family. Brian picked such good friends and Carrie's family was such an integral part of his high school years. Cory became friends with the family as well. They were a real influence for good in the lives of both of my sons.
I am so glad that I had a chance to spend some time with Jeffrey and would hope next trip you and I get together, too. I'm glad that your family helps you refuel. Your sisters can provide you with so much information and experience. I'm sure you rely on them a great deal. I remember being a 24hour parent and it can suck you dry sometimes.
When an evening comes that you just wish you had someone to talk to, maybe it could be me...
Hey Carrie, I think we actually did meet once, possible at the Scottish games where Brian was competing? The tree was actually our third date, we had one (that's almost pretend because we just didn't connect) and then one other when he got home from the pioneer trek and the next morning was when I got the tree! Oh our love fern...LOL good thing we lasted longer than it did!
I've learned recently how much I depend on my cell phone though, we don't have long distance on our home phone so we're a bit out of touch, but I will say not having the extra distraction is kind of nice.
I think you're right - we could have met at Scottish games ; my husband and I used to play drums in a bagpipe band. I'm glad you guys lasted longer than the tree too. I still remember how funny it was that Cory thought up the "it would 'trees' me if you'd go out with me" :)... Sorry I got the date # wrong :). And, Mary!!! It is SO SO good to hear from you :) . I miss seeing you!!
Post a Comment