I learned how to sew when I was 7 or 8 years old. My mom taught me how to sew on a tiny little sewing machine. By 11 I had learned how to embroider and I made some of my own clothes after High school. I have learned all kinds of hand work from her (though I still need to learn to crochet) and have always found it to be something relaxing and calming. While Paige was at my house this last week she wanted to do a cute project and so as I was getting my stuff out for her I saw these pillow cases that I started a couple of years ago when I had pneumonia and was desperate for things to do. I had just a tiny bit to finish so I decided to finish it. It only took a few hours but it was fun to actually finish it. I doubt we'll ever use them as pillow cases, but it was nice to do. On to a different project now.Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Handiwork
I learned how to sew when I was 7 or 8 years old. My mom taught me how to sew on a tiny little sewing machine. By 11 I had learned how to embroider and I made some of my own clothes after High school. I have learned all kinds of hand work from her (though I still need to learn to crochet) and have always found it to be something relaxing and calming. While Paige was at my house this last week she wanted to do a cute project and so as I was getting my stuff out for her I saw these pillow cases that I started a couple of years ago when I had pneumonia and was desperate for things to do. I had just a tiny bit to finish so I decided to finish it. It only took a few hours but it was fun to actually finish it. I doubt we'll ever use them as pillow cases, but it was nice to do. On to a different project now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your hands carry definite sewing talent. Nice work on a project well done.
Man, my mom sewed too but I never gave it the time that I should have. Do you know how to make t-shirts? I always wanted to know how to make those.
Post a Comment