Wednesday, July 8, 2009

How Can I Find the Way In Such a Strange Time?



Aragorn is in persuit of Merry and Pippin who have been captured by orcs when he runs into Eomer and his band of horse riders. When Aragorn asks who side Eomer is on, that of Sauraman and Sauron, or those that are gathering to oppose them, Eomer declares that he is only for his own people. Aragorn then makes the point that the war is becoming so large and encompassing that no one can be left on the sidelines. Then following conversation takes place.


How can I find the way in such a strange time?


“As always,” said Aragorn. “Good and evil have not changed since yesterday, and it does not have one meaning for elves and dwarves and another for men. It is given to men to discern between them, just as in the Forest of Gold and in your own home.”

1 comment:

thewhittakerfamily said...

I am always on the lookout in the books I read for that ONE LINE that will make the book worthwhile. It looks like you found one! I do the same thing in Sacrament meeting. Someone will deliver that ONE LINE that helps me see things more clearly or that helps me appreciate something more or perhaps it's a quote that I can relate too and hold close. But it is always there...I just need to look for it.