Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Full Day

So this weekend Grandpa and Grandma Whittaker came into town...again the pictures are in reverse order (and might I add they are much nicer than my cameraphone pics right?) We've had a full day and poor Jeffrey has been a stinker the whole day...shortened naps in the car do not make for a happy baby.

Quincy was fascinated with Rick's Swiss Army knife. He told me he'd like one for Christmas, Sherri there's one thing checked off your list!

We gave Jeffrey this money and we noticed this penny it has a Lincoln cabin on the back. Must be new, it was kind of cool.


We spent a little bit of time at Garden of the Gods which is one of Colorado Springs highlights. There are tons of trails and paths but thanks to a SUPER hard work out at dance I have some torn muscles in my calf and I'm not up for much hiking...Oops. The rock formation on the right is called the Kissing Camels, I'm wondering if you can see it quicker than it took Quincy to find it.

This is Quincy, I haven't introduced him before, he's my 10 year old nephew. When he was little he was my best buddy, I would tend him with my mom and sisters and I was the only one who could get him to sleep. We were buddies. He doesn't start school for another week and so his mom and dad lent him to me to be my Manny (man-nanny) for a week. He's such a HUGE help with Jeffrey, and it helps that the kid idolizes him. Not to mention it gives me a goooooooood insight to how my life will look in 8 years.
Since Jeffrey loves Quincy so much he wanted to do everything he did...unfortunately rock formations with no rails or fences aren't the best place for two year olds who don't listen to their Mommy.
For lunch we went to Five Guys burgers...good burger...Jeffrey's favorite part is the peanuts, he at a tray of them himself, he was eating as fast as I was shelling.
I promised Quincy I would take him to the Air Force Academy today, I think he was expecting it to be more like the Aerospace museum in Roy but I think he had a good time. This was the Warthog he just HAD to see! He knew all kinds of things about it and so I told him to take pictures of it since I was in the car with a sleepy Jeffrey and he did...he even took several Uncle Cory style pictures.


These were the slots he wanted me to see where they would load the bombs. It was pretty funny.

This was the F22 he wanted to show Jeffrey, he told him it was like Big Jet from Little Einsteins. It was cute.
This was inside the cadet chapel which is a pretty cool shaped church with interesting lighting on the inside.
This is Quincy hold Jeffrey up so he could see the jets on the lawn.
Jeffrey doesn't like to smile for pictures anymore, I told him I wanted him to smile for this picture but he wouldn't. Stinker.
The cadet chapel.
The hike to the cadet chapel, Jeffrey just wanted to sit on the benches along the way. Good times. But I thought this was a cute picture.

I just love the expression on his face. Silly kid.
Love those teeth right?
He just won't smile in pictures anymore, thanks for the picture Quincy! Thanks for the camera Cory!!
Quincy was showing him where we were.


No comments: