I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, I think I'm giving Jeffrey too much to handle. I have said before that he is an amazingly adaptable kid and he is, he has dealt with a lot this last year and for everything we've tossed at him he's handled it really well. But we can't live like traveling salesmen anymore. Jeffrey needs his home and his routine and stability. It's not fair to him if I keep uprooting him every time he gets used to something, just to deal with a new set of rules and a new place to lay our heads.
We are going to be staying put here in Colorado for a while, as of right now I'm not planning another trip home to Utah until after the Oireachtas dance competition in November. It will just be better for us to have a little bit of downtime here at home where we can go with our low key lifestyle and keeping each other positive and happy (we're only two and a half months into this after all).
I just wanted to let everyone know that because I don't want to feel like I'm letting people down, I'm just being selfish for us and doing what's best for our family right now, and that means hunkering down and enjoying the beauties for Colorado! But we love you all and appreciate all you do for us.
3 comments:
Aw, you need to give me little guy. Okay, he's not so little. I miss him looking at your pictures. You'll have to send me some copies. I'm glad he's had this opportunity. I do think that jet looked like Big Jet. And I loved the picture of Quincy walking Jeffrey with the monkey.
We'll miss you. I can totally understand about wanting structure with children. I need it more than they do. And I'm a homebody. I hope you guys get to go swimming tomorrow.
My comment above was supposed to tell you to give Quincy a hug. You probably got that.
Rick and I were glad to be able to see your lovely home and the beautiful community you live in. Thanks for hosting us over the weekend and showing us the sights!
Please don't believe you are being selfish in wanting some stability for you and Jeffrey. It will be the best thing ever, you watch and see. You have to make tough choices as a parent, but if you reflect back on what your parents did for you, you can now see the widsom in their choices.
All the best to you as you pilot through this upcoming year. We love you.
Post a Comment