I have begun to read “Lincoln on Leadership,” which Brian sent to me after reading it himself. The book has me thinking about how I fulfill my role as a squad leader to the seven men I am in charge of, with the addition of our attachments that I interact with. Chapter 1 talks about MBWA; management by walking around. It means that to know what is going on it is important to get out. Charts, graphs and reports are not as good as seeing it for yourself. At the same time it is important to be seen.
One of my vehicles went into services with the mechanics today, which is good because it is a detailed look at the vehicle. Fluids are changed, lube points are greased and a very thorough check of the entire vehicle is made. The bad thing is we did not know about it until this morning. The mechanics informed the HQ about the scheduled appointment, but it never got down to the squad until the very time that it was supposed to be in the bay. It is hard to make any kind of plans when big things like this can drop on us at any given time.
I did sleep in this morning. I slept all the way until 0900. I felt great when I finally rose out of bed and have been feeling full of energy all day. Since I am loosing track of what day of the week it is, I will just have to schedule my own weekend occasionally when I can relax at least for an extra hour or two to put some pep back in my step.
No comments:
Post a Comment